- Drink more water- I am a recovering Diet Coke addict (seriously...it was bad). I'm hoping to drink water 98% of the time, but i'm still reserving one Diet Coke a day.
- Eat 3-4 servings of vegetables or fruits-I'm lucky. I love fruits and vegetables, but i'm not great at incorporating them into my every day meals.
- Eat breakfast!
- Work out 3-4 times a week-I really want to get serious about running this year, so I know i'm going to need to focus more on well...actually running. I've been running on the treadmill pretty consistently but I want to work more on running outside.
- Spend more quality time with Hunter and Cordy-The two loves of my life, my husband and my dog respectively! I'm a chronic multitasker. It is not uncommon for me to be watching t.v., doing homework, and Facebook chatting all at the same time. I need to make our family time a priority and unplug sometimes!
- My general monthly goal for the year is to try to keep in better contact with my friends. I have AMAZING (seriously amazing) friends from high school and college. I have sucked over the last few months when it comes to staying in touch! I need to get my act together, so my goal is to call these friends at least once a month.
- For January specifically, I want to get my racing schedule figured out for the year. I'm a major planner. I know that if I have my races scheduled, I'll be much more motivated. I need to find some races in my area to run and go ahead and sign up for them if I can.
- Run several 5Ks, at least one 10K, and a half-marathon-I ran my first two 5Ks last year and I really enjoyed it. I want to continue that this year and work up to a half-marathon. I'm thinking about the Haunted Half-Marathon which is near my hometown (lots of support!) and on Halloween. It gives me lots of time to train and I think the weather in October will be ideal.
What about you? What are your goals for this day/week/month/year?