Wednesday, January 19, 2011

I think I can...

I suck at New Year's Resolutions. I'm definitely a Type A person which you would think would help me stick to my guns. What happens every year though is I stick with my resolutions for two weeks and then something happens. My perfectionism takes over and if I can't do it perfectly, I don't want to do it all. Makes sense right? Yeah it doesn't make sense to me either. But....this is a new year right? The year I want to do things differently! So i'm not making resolutions. I'm setting goals! But since I'm still super Type A, I've divided them into daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly goals. I'll post them now and update each month.

Daily Goals
  • Drink more water- I am a recovering Diet Coke addict (seriously...it was bad). I'm hoping to drink water 98% of the time, but i'm still reserving one Diet Coke a day.
  • Eat 3-4 servings of vegetables or fruits-I'm lucky. I love fruits and vegetables, but i'm not great at incorporating them into my every day meals.
  • Eat breakfast!
Weekly Goals
  • Work out 3-4 times a week-I really want to get serious about running this year, so I know i'm going to need to focus more on well...actually running. I've been running on the treadmill pretty consistently but I want to work more on running outside.
  • Spend more quality time with Hunter and Cordy-The two loves of my life, my husband and my dog respectively! I'm a chronic multitasker. It is not uncommon for me to be watching t.v., doing homework, and Facebook chatting all at the same time. I need to make our family time a priority and unplug sometimes!
Monthly Goals
  • My general monthly goal for the year is to try to keep in better contact with my friends. I have AMAZING (seriously amazing) friends from high school and college. I have sucked over the last few months when it comes to staying in touch! I need to get my act together, so my goal is to call these friends at least once a month.
  • For January specifically, I want to get my racing schedule figured out for the year. I'm a major planner. I know that if I have my races scheduled, I'll be much more motivated. I need to find some races in my area to run and go ahead and sign up for them if I can.
Yearly Goals
  • Run several 5Ks, at least one 10K, and a half-marathon-I ran my first two 5Ks last year and I really enjoyed it. I want to continue that this year and work up to a half-marathon. I'm thinking about the Haunted Half-Marathon which is near my hometown (lots of support!) and on Halloween. It gives me lots of time to train and I think the weather in October will be ideal.
What about you? What are your goals for this day/week/month/year?

No comments:

Post a Comment