Monday, January 31, 2011

January Re-cap

I can't believe its January 31st! Only 11 months left in 2011. I thought I'd do a re-cap of my month and check in on how i'm doing with my goals so far this year. 2011 started on an exciting note. I went to my first Titans-Colts game at Lucas Oil Stadium. I love the Colts!! It was an amazing experience. I really couldn't have asked for a better start to my year:

After the Colts game, I headed back for my second semester of law school. New classes, new professors, and an awesome 90s party to get it all started:

I also decided 2011 was my year to really get healthy and be an overall better me. I'm going to do a goal recap at the end of each month to see how i'm doing.

Daily Goals
  • Drink more water-I'm definitely doing well here! I drink one Diet Coke every morning, but other than that its all water except for the occasional hot tea or coffee. I still miss Diet Coke, but feel sooo much better when I drink water.
  • Eat 3-4 servings of fruits or vegetables a day-I do pretty well on this one each day. Weekends are definitely harder especially if we eat out, but overall I'm doing a lot better.
  • Eat Breakfast-This one is definitely a success! The only bad thing is I may be obsessed with Kashi Go Lean and Puffins.
Weekly Goals
  • Work-out 3-4 times a week-I've done really well the last two weeks with this goal, but our weeks and weekends are about to get a lot busier. That will be the real challenge!
  • Spend more quality time with Hunter and Cordy-This one has been hard just because we've been so busy lately. We're going to start trying to actually set aside time for just the two (or three!) of us.
Monthly Goals
  • Keep in better contact with my friends-Okay, so this one turned out to be a little bit of a fail. I have e-mailed one of my really good friends in the last couple of days, but I have several phone calls to return. I'm going to hold this goal over to February and hope I do better.
  • Make my race schedule-While I don't have my full year mapped out, I am signed up to run two 5ks in the upcoming months-one in March and one in April. My dad is coming down to run the race with me in March which I'm really excited about!
So my goals are going okay, some better than others. Hopefully February will be even better!

What about you, how are your new goals going?

No comments:

Post a Comment