Thursday, January 20, 2011

Run Lola Run

As I mentioned last post, one of my goals for this year is to run outside more. Since we moved in August, I haven't been able to find a good place to run. My neighborhood is right by a busy street and I don't want to run around campus. As I was on my city's track club websites looking for races to run in the upcoming months, I saw a link for suggested running trails. I pulled it up and the top one turned out to be in between school and our apartment! Perfect! The trail follows the river and goes through one of the nicest neighborhoods in town. I went this afternoon. It was great! The whole trail is 2.6 miles. I parked at the 1 mile mark, then ran to the end and back. I ran for 3.2 miles which is a perfect start for me! There were a ton of people running, walking, biking, etc so I felt really safe. My only problem is that I don't have a running watch....so I have no idea how fast I ran. It's okay though, I'm just glad i've found a good place to run. Here's one of the views of the river. It was really pretty when the sun was still shining, but by the end of my run clouds had moved in. Trust me though, the river and the homes make the run very pretty!


No comments:

Post a Comment